|Coaxial Cable Repair
I cut one of my 7 mm foam coaxial cable with a lawn mower on grass in the backyard. Here is the story how I fixed it.
I used 12 mm adhesive heat shrink all the way in insulation and I used enough heat to melt the heat shrink adhesive.
1. The cable ends prepared for repair
2. The center wire crimped. I used a short crimp part cut from a blade connector.
3. Center wire insulated with an 12mm adhesive heat shrink
4. The shield wires soldered at two points
5. The shield covered with a copper tape
6. The first mantle adhesive heat shrink heated up. Start heating in the center to avoid air bubbles.
7. The second mantle adhesive heat shrink heated up. Start heating in the center to avoid air bubbles.
Finally I submerged the cable abt two inches into the soil to avoid similar mishaps.
Back to OH7SV ham projects